General Campground Rules
Campground rules are provided to campers upon check-in. RRM, Inc., in a partnership agreement with TVA, provide these facilities for your convenience and enjoyment. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
• Sites in the campground are able to be reserved, some are on a long-term basis, and some are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please ensure sites are not reserved before occupying a site.
• Unattended camping vehicles and equipment cannot be left at a site unless fees are paid. Rented campsites must have a camping unit present to show the site is taken.
• ADA accessible sites are reserved for persons with a state-issued ADA license plate or mirror tag. The person who has been issued the tag must be occupying the site and may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• You must be 18 years old or older to reserve a campsite.
• Camping is permitted at designated (numbered) sites only. A maximum of 8 people are allowed per campsite. Designated non-profit groups, such as scout troops or church groups, will be allowed some exemptions.
• All vehicles, including visitors, must display a parking pass in order to park in the campground. A maximum of 2 vehicles are allowed per campsite (if space permits). Vehicles are considered to be any of the following: boat trailers, wheeled camping units, automobiles, or motorcycles.
• Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM and must register at the office/store.
• No washing of campers, vehicles, or boats is allowed in the campground.
• Motorized scooters are only allowed for those individuals with mobility impairment. Bicycles, skateboards, or scooter riding is prohibited from dusk to dawn. Safety helmets should be worn.
• The maximum camping stay is 21 consecutive days unless renting a long-term site. The camper and camping unit must leave the campground for a minimum of 14 days before returning. Other TVA Campgrounds are available for stay during this time (exception: Douglas Headwater and Douglas Tailwater are considered one campground for this interchange).
• Check-in time is 3:00 PM; check-out time is 1:00 PM.
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Disruptive campers may be asked to vacate the campground without reimbursement. Please turn off any music, generators, or disruptive lighting by 10:00 PM.
• Place all trash in dumpsters except fish debris. Please contact the campground hosts on duty for pick up and disposal of fish debris.
• Campfires must be contained in metal fire rings. All firewood must be pre-cut and not include construction debris or pallets. No out-of-county firewood is allowed to be brought into the campground. Do not cut, damage, or drive nails into trees. Please do not burn trash in fire rings.
• Observe posted speed limit signs throughout the campground.
• All appliances must be kept inside the camping unit (no freezers or refrigerators are to be outside).
• Satellite dishes, power cords, and pet crates must remain within the impact zone of the campsite.
• Dumping waste or gray water onto the ground is prohibited.
• Alcoholic beverages and fireworks are not permitted on TVA property. Firearms are prohibited in recreation areas except in hunting season excursions, and are permissible only if they are unloaded and properly cased. State and federal laws apply.
Please see the Pets section for guidelines. Thank you.